Monday, May 24, 2010

Fuel for Badassery

For the past 8 months, I have been using AdvoCare supplements to help fuel my body before, during, and after workouts. These supplements (AdvoCare plus a multi-vitamin, probiotics, fish oil), a clean Paleo diet, and regular sleep have helped me lose body fat (down 6% since October), drop 2 dress sizes (from size 8/10 to size 4/6), and gain muscle strength and endurance (as noted in previous posts).

I consider my investment in AdvoCare to be an investment in my overall health. Of course, the supplements aren't cheap, but THEY WORK. Isn't that worth it? I think so...

Here's a look at my daily AdvoCare supplements, or as I like to call them, my "fuel for badassery":

  • For Energy: AdvoCare Spark® Energy Drink and AdvoCare Slam®. I sip on these 1-2 hours before my workout and sometimes during my workout depending on how I feel.
  • For Staying Lean: CATALYST™. Taken 15 minutes before a workout, or before meals, Catalyst contains branch-chained amino acids that help maintain lean muscle mass during calorie restriction and intense exercise. Also gives me a nice "boost" during long workouts.
  • For Performance: Muscle Strength™ (taken 1 hour before my workout) and Nighttime Recovery (taken every night). Both of these help decrease recovery time between workouts and encourage muscle growth and strength. Nighttime Recovery also contains amino acids and magic dust that lulls me into a deep, regenerating sleep. I always wake up feeling great after taking it!
In the coming weeks, I will begin adding more of the AdvoCare Performance Elite supplements into my regimen, including Arginine Extreme, AdvoCare® Muscle Fuel, and Post Workout Recovery. The goal is to create my personal formula for achieving optimal performance results.

I'm a firm believer that the AdvoCare supplements have helped me see greater results, faster than if I would have been taking nothing for the past 8 months. I believe that in the case of my results, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.
I encourage anyone looking to take their training or fat loss to the next level to give AdvoCare a try. If it's good enough for the vast majority of the CrossFit Central coaches and clients, as well as countless professional athletes (including Drew Brees), it's got to be the real deal.

Holler if you want to try any of the products, or need more info. Also, Check out Coach Jess Sharratt's blog about the AdvoCare 24 Day Challenge. Sounds like a great way to jumpstart fat loss and toning for any newbies interested in AdvoCare. Let's do it!




2 comments:

  1. The 24 Day Challenge is a great thing. One of my clients lost 5% body fat in 24 days! That was 8lbs of fat lost and 4lbs of lean muscle gained. It was a totally kickass challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Georgia - That's HUGE! Thanks for the testimonial. I'll pass it along to the girls in my classes who are ready to see big results. :)

    ReplyDelete