Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Spartan 300 Challenge Goals

Alright, it's time! I met with my team last night and set my fitness goals for the next 8 weeks during the Spartan Challenge.


By June 26, I will:
1. Achieve 18% Body Fat (-5% from where I am today)
2. Follow Paleo/Zone nutirition at least 90% of the time (follow my food journal here)
3. Limit alcohol consumption to 4 servings per week
4. Run or Row 3 miles twice per week
5. 10 consecutive kipping pull ups
6. 10 consecutive "perfect" push ups


They don't call it a CHALLENGE for nothin'! If you know me well, you know that I love my daily glass of vino and my whiskey on the weekends. So for the next 8 weeks, I'm going to have to find healthier ways to relax and kill time.


Here's the benchmark workout that I will take on this Saturday May 8, and again on Saturday, June 26.


"Spartan 300" WOD:
25 Pullups
50 Deadlift (95#)
50 Pushups
50 Box jumps
50 Floor wipers (95#)
50 KB Clean and Press (25#)
25 Pullups


 = 300 reps!


My goal for Saturday is to be able to complete this WOD as Rx in the time alloted - that means kipping pullups, pushups from toes, and all Rx weight in 20 minutes or less. By the end of the challenge, my goal will be to CRUSH my benchmark time. And, hopefully look ripped doing so.


I'll post this weekend on my benchmark WOD time and maybe even a "before" photo. Wish me luck...

2 comments: