Thursday, March 25, 2010

Baby Steps

I finally made some progress this week in the gym. I'm not talking monumental achievements here: rather, baby steps in the right direction. I'd like to take a moment to celebrate them.

  1. Push-ups from toes: I'm finally able to complete these in the warmup and in WODs. I can probably do 10 at a time. Woot!

  1. Doubleunders: Got my first  ones last night. Now I just need to practice stringing them together. Buying a speed rope this weekend and will soon have mad skillz like this dude:


     3. Also got a PR on Front Squat last night: 135 lbs (20 lbs heavier than last time)

I'm thinking it has something to do with me newly recharged, "no excuses" attitude and clean eating. I'm looking forward to participating in the Spartan Challenge and starting my Olympic Lifting classes next month.

Watch Out!

1 comment:

  1. Jump rope King is amazing...his feet barely leave the ground when he's jumping! Maaaagic.

    And congrats on every single one of those baby steps...which aren't very baby-like btw. PR on the front squat is AWESOME especially since the flexibility of your arms are so hard to get.

    I'm looking for a speed rope this weekend too...shoot me a text if you find one that you recommend. We'll be double-dutching-double-under maniacs in no time!

    ReplyDelete