Saturday, January 2, 2010

Paleo Nutrition: "So Easy, A Caveman Did It"

This is the title of an article published in the Washington Post this week about Paleo diet and CrossFit. Read it here. Need more info on the diet? Check out the Paleo Diet blog here. Or Robb Wolf's blog here. But, basically, it consists of meat, eggs, veggies, fruits, and nuts - no grains, legumes, dairy, or processed foods. The Paleo food pyramid looks like this: I'm back to Paleo this week after being a little "liberal" with my diet for the past 2 weeks (Christmas cookies, endless amounts of booze, cheese, and not eating enough protein). I noticed a few things over the holidays that renew my faith in the Paleo Diet again: One being I had significantly less energy, and 2, all the old GI problems I used to think were normal, came back. Not good! I also thought I had a hangover from booze, when I probably was just stuck in a carb-indused coma after eating a bagel on New Year's Day. I spent the entire afternoon watching football on my sofa wearing my snuggie. LAME. After a brief bout of intermittent fasting, I am now back on track and feeling fabulous. If you're considering going "primal" too, I say: Just do it already. Your body will thank you by performing like it should. Also, play around with intermittent fasting (or IF) to help get you back on track and feeling better after a night (or week) of over indulgence. And, Cavewomen are hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment