Thursday, December 31, 2009

End of 2009 - More sweet than bitter

Looking back on 2009, I realize that I've been through a lot of change this year, and I'm ready to put this one in the history books! I usually feel a little sad this time of year, maybe because I didn't realize what I imagined for myself, or maybe because I don't know what the hell I want to be and have no road map to get me there. To be honest, I tend to get a little overwhelmed, really. Well, it makes me happy to say that this year, I feel much more positively about where I've been and where I'm going. What's changed? For one, this year I've made significant strides towards becoming the person I always wanted to be. I think smart goal setting, hard work, motivation, and perserverance have made the difference. I've also met so many wonderfully motivating, inspiring, and supportive people this year who have given me the room to push myself and do things I never thought possible - on every level - emotional and physical. I have completely changed my state of mind and outlook on life. All in all, 2009 was a big growth year for me. So, tonight when the clock strikes midnight, the ball drops, and "Auld Lang Syne" plays on the radio, I'll be happy knowing that I'm starting 2010 on a positive note. In fact, I am determined to make 2010 the best year of my life so far. Cheers to positive thinking!

No comments:

Post a Comment