Thursday, November 5, 2009

Help! Need more energy!!

I'm almost at the end of my second week of clean Paleo eating and 5x week CrossFit training, and I'm starting to notice my intensity is suffering a bit. Have the workouts gotten harder? Do I need more than 8 hours of sleep a night? Should I eat more carbs? Probably all of the above...at any rate, I'm finding myself tired when I first wake up and at AM workouts, tired again late afternoon, and then sucking wind through my PM workouts. I have been eating fruit with my afternoon snack in the hope that the sugar will help fuel my workouts. I get through the warm up and the first half with no problem, then its like I hit a wall. My muscles just don't want to work and I can't keep up the intensity. I'm going to talk to Crystal to see what I can do to remedy the situation. I'm thinking it might be time to tinker with the diet or add in some supplements (alchemy, bitches!) In general, I am really happy with the Paleo diet. Its not as hard as I thought it would be, I am enjoying the veggies, and I am definitely getting leaner. I think if I add starches or dairy back into my diet, I might stop progressing. Plus, my allergies and stomach problems are better thanks to Paleo! Yay! Speaking of hitting a wall - I see that Kettlebell torture week continues at CrossFit! CrossFit Women's WOD: Sumo Deadlift High Pull with the Kettlebell (16 kgRX) This is a partner workout where we have to complete reps in increments of 2s, per minute until one team remains. Meaning, minute 1, 2 reps. Minute 2, 4 reps, and so on...should be fun! Hopefully my partner and I will kill it. The SDLHP is one of my favorites for the legs. I love to feel that burn! Just two more workouts to get through, then its R&R time! The weekend can't get here soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. I had the same energy issue when I started paleo. I started to feel better after 3-4 weeks. I think it takes your body time to adjust to the new diet.

    ReplyDelete