Monday, November 23, 2009

Plan ahead to stay on track

This year, I'm planning ahead so that the holidays won't throw me off my game plan. That means, planning workouts when the gym is closed, sticking to my 'menu', and determining ahead of time if and when I will have a treat (like pumpkin pie). I read this article from the Eat Clean Diet newsletter that helped put it all into perspective and gave me some tips on how to stay on track. I volunteered to 'clean-up' our typical Thanksgiving dinner with some gluten-and-dairy-free alternative side dishes. Replacing the sweet potatoes and peas (both higher-GI starches) will be a delicious butternut squash 'pie', and steamed asparagus. I'll forego the stuffing, mashed potatoes, rolls, and the cranberry sauce, in favor of white meat turkey, butternut squash, and asparagus. Fortunately, its not too tough to make this meal Zone/Paleo friendly! I will also keep the portion sizes down to what I would typically eat at dinner. Don't wan't to be stuck in the food coma that typically follows overeating at this meal. I need to be awake and ready to cheer on my Horns!! My workout schedule for the week is: M - CrossFit Women's 6PM T - CrossFit 6PM W - CrossFit Women's 6PM Th - Boot Camp 6:00AM (OPEN TO ANYONE) F - OFF Sa - 3 mile Row, 2 mile run Sun - ACTIVE REST (walk around Town Lake; stretching) Kicking it off today is the CrossFit Women's WOD: 800 m run 3 rounds, 21-15-9 reps for time Box Jumps Lunges Ring Rows

No comments:

Post a Comment