Thursday, October 15, 2009

Can't wait for Friday!

To be honest, this week has been a bear. Work has been stressful and the workouts/diet have been tough. I just have to keep reminding myself that I will succeed. Never underestimate the power of positive thinking! Yesterday's "Jackie" work out was good - I finished first in my class with a time of 13:58. I flew through the 1000m row (thanks to rowing on my off days), used the 45lb barbell (elite weight) and did half of my pull ups with the band and the other half jumping from the box. All in all, it was a good effort. All I need to work on now is mastering the Kipping pull-up (no easy feat!). I will have the pleasure of practicing my form tonight with "Lynne". Lynne: 5 rounds Body weight bench press (I will modify with 95 lbs)/max reps Pull-ups - max reps I think I might be sore tomorrow!! If you've never seen a Kipping Pull-up, check it out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tAZaHzd6qAY On a fun note, I am looking forward to some down time with the crew this weekend. UT/OU game wathcing, and 2 birthday parties on Saturday night. Can't wait to unwind a little. All work and no play makes Jessie a dull girl! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment