Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 3 - Strict Paleo/Zone...

Its Day 3 of my strict Paleo/Zone nutrition program. So far so good! I've got lots of energy throughout the day (I used to crash around 3 pm), and don't feel overly hungry between meals. I'm getting used to the real flavor of food when its not processed or overly seasoned - its actually good just the way nature intended it to be. So far today I've had egg whites, almond milk, a peach, some pineapple, celery, almond butter, some tuna, Paleo chicken soup, and 5 glasses of water. Tonight I will enjoy some fish tacos with mango salsa (wrapped in lettuce, of course!). Yum! I'm amazed at how many different foods I am getting to enjoy everyday. Its a lot of prep work, but well worth it! In training news... My first day with Coach JDP was tough! All those deadlifts suuuucked, but on the positive, I was able to do the 20" box jump without stepping up for the first time! Looking back, my fear was just irrational. A little encouragement was all I needed. ;) Deadlifts and pull-ups are still a work in progress, but at least I feel like I've got the movement down. Just need to keep practicing so I can get stronger! After that workout, I wasn't suprised that I woke up tired and sore this morning. I really had to push myself to get through the boot camp workout: Part 1: 3 rounds for time Dumbbell Front Squat (10 lb) 50 walking lunges 20 WallBall (6 lb) 400m run * My time was 16:31 Part 2: 3 rounds, 20, 15, 10 Tricep dips Pushups MedBall Slams (6 lb) Part 3: TABATA 20 seconds on, 10 seconds off - 8 rounds each Russian Twists with MedBall (6 lb) Sprawls Dude! Just writing it all down makes me tired. On the agenda for tonight - 5 mile Row and stretching. I'm soooo looking forward to the stretching part.

No comments:

Post a Comment